How to Create and Install your Facebook Pixel on a Thrive Theme
Facebook Pixel Setup – Quick Guide
Here’s your quick guide to creating and setting up your Facebook Pixel which you can see for yourself in the video above.
- Head over to your Facebook Ads account by clicking this link and then selecting either your name or “Go to Business Manager”: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/accounts/
- Find the menu in the top left hand corner and click on it.
- Move down to the bottom of the menu that opened and click on “All tools”.
- Under the “Measure and Report” column, about half way down, click on “Pixels”.
- In the top left hand corner of the screen you’ll see a drop down box which lists the accounts available to you. Check that the right account is selected or choose another account if you need to.
- Click on the green “Create Pixel” button.
- Complete the details that Facebook ask for such as a name for pixel (feel free to leave it at the name suggested) and your website address. When you are done, click the “Create” button.
- Select the “Set up Manually” option.
- Scroll down to step 2 and click on the code that you see. This will automatically copy the code you need on to your clipboard.
- Open your WordPress Dashboard and in the menu under “Thrive Dashboard” click on “Theme Options”.
- Now select the “Analytics/Scripts” option.
- Right click in the top box (Header Script) and click paste.
- Click the “Save all changes” button at the bottom of the page.
- Congratulations! Facebook is now tracking your visitors meaning that you can target them for adverts. But there is more…
Adding a Lead Pixel
The power of your Facebook Pixel is been able to work out what a user is doing or at what stage in their purchase cycle they are at. One of the most powerful ways to do this is to highlight a user who has completed a registration form. So they may have filled in your form to get your lead magnet or requested to join your email list.
Here’s how to add a Facebook Lead Pixel to your ‘success’ page:
- Go back to your Facebook Pixel setup screen and click “continue” at the bottom of the page.
- Under step 1, click on the drop down box and select “Professional Services”.
- Scroll down and find “Lead” in the table then click on it.
- Scroll down and find the code box. Click on this box to copy the code to your clipboard.
- Change back to your WordPress Dashboard again and open the page where you want to add the lead pixel.
- Scroll down to the Thrive Options at the bottom of the page and click on “Custom Code”.
- In the second box entitled “Opening Body Scripts” paste the code you just copied to your clipboard.
- Save your page by clicking “Update” at the top of the screen or “Publish” if you haven’t published the page previously.
That’s it! Your page is now tracking “lead” conversions as well as general page views.
How to setup your Facebook Pixel (Longer version)
Hi Guys. I’m Chris and today we’re going to talk about how to create and install your Facebook pixel. So we’re starting off on a bog standard Facebook page and then what we’re gonna do is we’re going to go up to the top right hand corner to the little arrow. We’re going to click on the Arrow, and then we’re going to move down to manage ads. Now here you have two options. You can either click on your name or if you’re using business manager, you can click on the “go to business manager” link at the top. Either way, you’ll end up with the same screen once that’s loaded head up to the top, left to the menu, go down to all tools, and then halfway across under events manager you’ll find pixels.
Now in the top left hand corner, if you’ve got multiple accounts, you’ll find the drop down so that you can select the right account that you want to create the Pixel for. So in my case, I want network marketing tech guy and the page will reload, ready to create the Pixel. We now come down and we find the green button that says “create a pixel” and click on it and it will now ask us some basic details. It will ask you to give a name for the Pixel and for your website address. Pop the address in and then in the bottom right hand corner you’ll find the ‘Create’ button.
Now we want to set up the pixel manually, so click the button and then scroll down slightly to number two and click in the code box.
Now in another window I’ve already got my website open, ready to install the script and today I’m installing on a thrive theme. So I scroll down my dashboard on the left hand side and under thrive dashboard I’ve got theme options. Click theme options and now I want the ‘analytics/scripts’ menu option and we’re going to paste our script to the ‘header script’ box. Then down to the bottom to save all changes.
That’s the basic Facebook pixel now installed on your website and ready to record information.
But what about if you want to add a lead pixel?
So I’m going to create a new page to run our test of today’s pixel. I’m just going to give it the name of ‘Pixel Test’. Publish the page and I’m going to scroll down the bottom to my thrive theme options and find custom code.
These are similar boxes to what you saw before on the main theme options. Flip back to where we were on Facebook and just for now come down to the bottom and you can click continue in the bottom right hand corner.
Now we need to change the drop down box to something more suitable for us. So I’m going to select ‘professional services’ and we’re going to scroll down and I’m going to find lead and click on it. Same as before, we want to find the blue box and click on it to copy the code to our clipboard and flick back into our website.
In this case, it needs to be pasted in the opening body, which is the second box down. Paste it into the box and update our page.
And that’s your pixel installed and ready to track lead traffic as well as normal page views.
Happy tracking guys.
P.S. If you’ve got any questions I’d love to help in the comments below or over on the Facebook page.
Thanks for reading!